Happy Haunting 10/15Added by My Project Ideas Category : HandmadeCards Difficulty : A Step Up (Medium)
STAMP SET: Cheer All Year (139839 $25)
CARD STOCK: Elegant Eggplant 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (105126 $7)
So Saffron 3-3/4” x 5” (105118 $7)
Sahara Sand 3-5/8” x 4-7/8” (2) (121043 $7)
White Vellum 1” x 4-1/2” (101856 $6.50)
INK: So Saffron(126957 $6.50)
Pumpkin Pie (126945 $6.50)
Real Red (126949 $6.20)
Elegant Eggplant (126969 $6.50)
Chocolate Chip (126979 $6.50)
Early Espresso (126974 $6.50)
ACCESSORIES: Brayer (102395 $12.50)
Sponges (101610 $3.50)
1-3/4” Circle Punch (119850 $18)
Banner Triple Punch (138292 $23)
Woodland Embossing Folder(139673 $8.50)
Big Shot (113439 $110)
Mini Glue Dots (103683 $5.25)
Fast Fuse Adhesive (129026 $10)
- Using the brayer, cover the front of one piece of Saraha Sand CS. (The other piece goes inside.) Apply ink in all directions.
- Punch a circle with the circle punch and place on card for moon.
- Sponge in order of lightest to darkest. Sponge Pumpkin Pie over about 3/4 of the (now) So Saffron CS.
- Sponge the top 1/2 of your card with Real Red and the top remaining 1/4 in Elegant Eggplant.
- Next, use a clean brayer to add color to the embossing folder. Brayer the side of the folder where you feel the tree trunks.
- Immediately, place CS inside of the folder and run through the Big Shot. The ink must be wet.
- Stamp Early Espresso on Vellum and allow to try. Apply to card using glue dots.
- Stamp spiders.
- Sponging—it is best to use sponges instead of sponge daubers for this technique. The sponges come 3 to a pack and each can be cut into fourths. The sponge daubers sometimes leave circles and I use them for many other things.
- Masking-this is when you cover a portion of your project with (in this case) a sticky note. When removed, it leaves a perfect circle for the moon.
- Apply ink with sponges in circles, blending as you go.
- When using the brayer on embossing folder, start at the top and go to the bottom of the trees. Keep doing it until you have good coverage.
- Cleaning your brayer is easy. Just pop out the rubber attachment and rinse with water. Dry thoroughly and it’s ready to put away or use for another color.