Joyful Cardinal 11/15Added by My Project Ideas Category : HandmadeCards Difficulty : A Step Up (Medium)
STAMP SET: Joyful Season (139770 $21)
Wonderland (140365 $17)
CARD STOCK: Whisper White 3-5/8” x 4-7/8” (100730 $7)
Cherry Cobbler 3-3/4” x 5” (119685 $7)
Marina Mist 4-1/4” x 5-1/2” (119682 $7)
INK: Marina Mist (126962 $6.50)
Wisteria Wonder(126985 $6.50)
Island Indigo (126986 $6.50)
Garden Green (126973 $6.50)
Cherry Cobbler (126966 $6.50)
Tip Top Taupe (138325 $6.50)
ACCESSORIES: Sponges ($101610 $3.50)
Post It Notes
Gel Pen (105021 $4)
- Tear post it notes to resemble a sloping horizon and cover about 1-1/2” of bottom of Whisper White CS.
- Starting just before the edge of the post it notes, sponge along the edge and upward. You will cover all but the very center of the card. Add Wisteria Wonder lightly along sides and top of card. Last sponge Marina Mist starting “off” card dragging towards center and from top down.
- Next ink tree stamp in Garden Green and stamp off on scratch paper before stamping on card. Stamp branch in Tip Top Taupe.
- Stamp the bird with Cherry Cobbler-outline first making sure the feet are on the branch. Next stamp the inside of the bird.
- Stamp sentiment at the bottom.
- Sponge ink lightly—you can always add more it if not dark enough.
- Dragging the sponge over the edges of the card will ink edges softening the amount of ink on card.
- It can be done in two ways and just depends on the card. Here we are stamping the outline first, followed by the inside of the bird.
- In cases where 2 colors are used, stamp the lighter color first followed by the darker color.